Friday 19 October 2012

Kiss proof colour? The lip stains that did NOT rock my world.


 
 

Hola Amigos!

Now lip tints, stains, whatever you want to call them aren't exactly new but what little sunshine we have had over the last few summers has brought with it an influx of stains onto the market. Frankly, the Autumn and Winter seasons are all about lipstick for me. With the fruity, flirty attitudes of the summer months slowly dwindling I can't help but reflecting on the lip colours that just haven't brightened up my year.


My first and should have been final tint came from the ultimate vintage lovers supplier - Benefit. However, as far as I'm concerned the Benefit Benetint just ain't fooling me. This thinner than water product is an ultimate lip bleeder that offers uneven coverage and leaves you thinking 'I could have swore my lips were red five minutes ago...'

So when MaxFactor released their Lipfinity Pin Tint Pen I thought my prayers had been ended. I think it became pretty clear to most people that these pens haven't quite been tried and tested as the pens dry out very quickly. Also, what is this colour selection? According to MaxFactor's website the Lipfinity pens are available in ten shades but from experience I've only ever seen them available in four shades including a highly unwearable purple and a muddy pinkish-brown colour that I can't imagine a skin tone in the world that it would look good with.

Enter in Revlon's Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm. This full colour lip stain is none drying, durable and most importantly, staying put! Eat, drink, kiss as you will, this stuff will not budge. A bright summer collection of shades from fire engine reds to precious pinks, subtle nudes, you name it adds a splash of colour to any look. The innovation of this product was the nourishing lip balm that came as part of the package. I agree with all of it, the balm is great.... oh, wait... the balm is great if you can get it to stay on! We've all done, wound our lipstick up to far and felt that horrifying break, well with this that break is inevitable. Even so, without the balm, (which doesn't bother me too much as I'm picky about my balms to begin with) I think this product is well worth the money, even if you can only use half of it.

Finally Rimmel's One Thousand Kisses copy cat lip stain fixes the balm problem. No, it's not retractable but it hasn't broken on me yet, however it is very sticky and doesn't possess a single hydrating ingredient as far as I can determine from use and is therefore just as useless as the Revlon one. For me the actually pen tip offers all the problems of the former two: colour longevity and pigment is none existent and the tip dries out in seconds! No. No. No.

Now, of to swoon over this seasons must have lipsticks.

Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.