Friday 8 February 2013

I ❤ Drugstore Makeup Tag






Hello! 

So I haven't done a tag in a little while and I've been meaning to get around to this one for a long time. The world and his wife have done this task so I'm going to dive straight in and add mine to the bloggersphere. 

So first up: 

1. What is your favourite drugstore makeup brand overall?

This just HAS to be Maybelline. They're absolutely taking hold of makeup by the horns this year and with their mid-range pricing I find myself just gravitating towards them when I'm in Boots. Plus, they're lipstick range looks pretty impressive on display; there's just so many! 

2. What are your favourite face, cheek and lip products?
  
 My face products are constantly changing as my skin battles the classic British weather. My old favourite isn't going anywhere. I always try to find a foundation that I love more than my MaxFactor Xperience Weightless Foundation. The colour range always seems to match me and it really keeps that matte finish going all day. After all the hype I finally caved and swapped from my Collection 2000 Illuminating Touch Concealer to the Lasting Perfection Concealer. At the moment I'm loving them both for different reason, I may just have to have both! That's when my spending ban is over. (Which is going well by the way!) And lastly I've jumped on the Rimmel Stay Matte powder bandwagon as well. 

For cheeks I'm going crazy over the Topshop cream to powder blushes, more on those here: From Comfort Food To Comfort Face

For lip product I'm going to be terribly boring and say Burt's Bees lip balms. They smell divine and make my lips feel ridiculously hydrated. 

3. Least favourite product?

I know I'm probably going to be showered with shocked faces but it has to be the Revlon ColorStay Foundation. I just hate it. No matter what I apply it with or how I apply it I just cannot get it right. It's far too thick and considering it only had an SPF of 6 it smells so strongly of sunscreen that I can barely stand to have it near my nose. It's an expensive drugstore product to go in the bin but for me it is by far the worst, over hyped product out there at the moment. 

 
4. What is the best makeup bargain?

By a mile the best bargains out there are coming from MUA. Their blushes for £1 are just amazing. They're very pigmented with a slight shimmer. If you need a blush on the go, then these are your best bet. 

5. What is your favourite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)

There is definitely not enough hype out there for Natural Collection Eye shadows. I love their texture. Their eye shadows have a matte finish but if I look really closely I'm convinced there is a minute glitter in them. I especially love the eyeshadow duo's.  


6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?

I would say that Soap and Glory's lip glosses seem a little pricey. Perhaps I'm being stingy, but I would always expect to pay less for a drugstore lip gloss than I would a drugstore foundation. Soap and Glory's most expensive lip gloss is ten pounds. I think their far too sticky plus for an extra two pounds I could get my favourite Urban Decay lip gloss. They're on the wrong side of the price line for me. 
 

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!

So my dupe is the most obvious one out there but it has to be Revlon Just Bitten lip balms as a dupe  for... you guessed it, Clinique Chubby Sticks. Let's face it, they're the same product. 


8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?

Other than the Revlon ColorStay as I said above however, what is all the craze about Maybelline Fit Me Foundation? Firstly, I followed Maybelline's match guide to the very letter and it doesn't match very well. I think their foundation shades are a bit off and last but not least, it oxidises like a crazy thing after you've had it on for an hour. 


I'm not going to tag anyone to do this because there isn't anyone who HASN'T done it already. My word, I am behind!


2 comments:

  1. I love MUA , it is one of the best beauty bargains these days :)! http://lady-caramelo.blogspot.ie/2013/02/i-drugstore-makeup-tag.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping a word.