Friday 15 February 2013

The World According To Moi


Okay, so call me picky, but even my very favourite products have flaws. The recent rave reviews for Garnier's new BB cream compared to their awful original is an example of a product that took everything I don't like about it, and fixed it. So here's a selection of products that recently I've been thinking, 'this would be amazing if...'





Nivia Lip Butter

I have this in the flavour Vanilla and Macadamia. My word it smells amazing. That marshmellow fluff you get at Selfridges? Yep, that's the smell. The moisture given by these little pocket size tins is like a miracle and the formula wears really comfortably.

The catch? It's white. Or at least it's white based so even the pink shade makes your lips look a little pasty.

In Sophie-land: More pigment, less white. I'm not saying make it a lipstick but something a little less, Dawn of The Dead meets my Dolls house.




Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

I really like the texture of this products and it just blends so well. It's almost like a medium coverage tinted moisturiser and gives a lovely dewy finish.

The catch? I cannot get over the oxidisation. This foundation reacts so much with the air that I end up looking like an orange addict.

In Sophie-land: This formula needs some serious solidifying to stop the Wotsit colour change and the patchwork face effect when the foundation drifts.






Revlon Just Bitten Lip Stains






The Just Bitten Lip Stains are a go to for me. I love the intensity of the colour and the staying power is incredible. To explain exactly how I feel about this product, a few quotes from my Kiss proof colour? The lip stains that did NOT rock my world. 

"This full colour lip stain is none drying, durable and most importantly, staying put! Eat, drink, kiss as you will, this stuff will not budge. A bright summer collection of shades from fire engine reds to precious pinks, subtle nudes, you name it adds a splash of colour to any look."

The catch?

"The innovation of this product was the nourishing lip balm that came as part of the package. I agree with all of it, the balm is great.... oh, wait... the balm is great if you can get it to stay on! We've all done it, wound our lipstick up to far and felt that horrifying break, well with this that break is inevitable."

In Sophie-land: This desperately needs either a reformulation or a a retractable balm. Ideally though, I would be happy to just get rid of the balm and bring the price point down a little.



Feel free to let me know how makeup would be in your world.



In case you missed it:

Kiss Me Quick 

Drugstore Makeup Tag

Au Naturel Week One

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping a word.